New life plan: bury myself under piles of blankets and drink endless chai lattes.
I mean, that’s a socially acceptable career goal, right? Add in an internet connection and a Netflix subscription and I’d pretty much be set.
Let’s talk about this frothy, hot, delicious almond milk chai latte – it’s seriously delicious, you only need a handful of ingredients and it could be in your hands in ten minutes!
I started off by making the chai tea completely from scratch, but the combination of needing lots of super expensive spices + adding twenty minutes to the prep time meant that the cheat’s version (using a chai tea bag) was definitely the winner. It’s much faster, way more convenient and a lot cheaper, plus the end result tasted just as good! I like to use a herbal chai tea bag, but make sure you go for one with plenty of flavour for best results.
Feel free to add a shot of espresso to this as well for a caffeinated (aka early morning!) version. I usually add it along with the mixture right before blending.
- 2 cups (500ml) unsweetened almond milk or pecan milk
- 2 chai tea bags
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- coconut whipped cream, as topping
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the nut milk until it just starts to simmer, then immediately remove from heat.
- 2. Add the chai tea bags and leave to steep for 5 minutes. Remove and discard the tea bags, then add the rest of the ingredients and whisk well to combine. Taste and adjust sweetness or spice to your liking, then pop it back over low heat for a few minutes until warmed through. Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend for 20-30 seconds, until frothy, then transfer to mugs.
- 3. Serve warm with a dollop of coconut whipped cream if you wish!