There are two kinds of people in the world: people who adore chocolate fudge and those who are lying to your face.
I think it’s safe to say I’m one of the former… the batch I made (and carefully hid way in the depths of the freezer so nobody else would find it) just a few days ago has mysteriously disappeared already, and it’s not as if the pieces I used for the photos could have possibly been returned to the freezer afterwards, right?! They were melting already, so it would’ve been an injustice not to eat them..
Studded with gorgeous, viridescent, crunchy pistachios, these decadent, nutty bites are a perfect little snack. They’re incredibly simple to make and even easier to eat! Shelling the pistachios for a couple of minutes takes the longest, but that could definitely be due to the fact that I tend to use the unwritten ‘2 for me, 1 for the recipe’ rule (it seems to apply to pistachios, chocolate chips, and anything else that’s extremely delicious and very snackable)…
Creamy, rich, and fudgy, I highly suggest you cut them into bite-size pieces because everyone knows that means you can have twice as many (thanks, maths)!
dark chocolate pistachio freezer fudge
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (24 small squares)
- 1/2 cup almond, pistachio, or sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachios, shelled
1. Combine all the ingredients except pistachios in a food processor and combine until very, very smooth. The smoother it is now, the smoother the fudge will be!
2. Fold in the shelled roasted pistachios, then transfer the mixture to a 6×4 inch baking tray lined with cling film.
3. Freeze for at least an hour or until solid, then remove from the baking tray, cut into 24 bite size pieces, and place in an airtight container before returning to the freezer.
4. When eating, leave for a minute or so before enjoying!