Sometimes, you just need a mug full of rich, fudgy, chocolate-chip-studded cake.
Said times could very well be after you’ve tried (and failed) to make mug cakes look photogenic about forty-three times before you’re finally happy with how they look only to find out that it’s now nearing 10pm and the sun has just gone down, so there’s no light to take a decent photograph and you’ll have to do it all again the next day. Deep breath.
Incredibly decadent and deliciously chocolatey, it comes together in just a few minutes. Gently wedge a spoon in to the fluffy, aromatic mass to reveal a dark, fudgy interior imbued with silky rivers of melted chocolate chunks scattered throughout.
Top it off with a scoop of coconut milk ice cream and a drizzle of melted chocolate for even more indulgence!
double chocolate mug cake
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 3/4 teaspoon coconut flour
- 1/2 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 3/4 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 1/4 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips or chunks
1. In a medium-sized bowl, combine all the ingredients until smooth and very well combined.
2. Fill a small mug three-quarters full with the mixture.
3. To cook in the microwave, bake at 1000 watts for about 45 seconds – 1 minute. To cook in the oven, bake at 375F/170C for 12-15 minutes.
4. Let cool for a few minutes before enjoying! If desired, add a scoop of coconut milk ice cream and a drizzle of melted chocolate.