I’m definitely not what you would describe as a morning person (aka I need to set at least 5 alarms in order to actually get up on time!), but I’m also one of those people who will never forget to eat breakfast.
That’s where this easy omelette wrap comes in – it’s super fast and perfect on the go.
And when I say ‘easy’, I mean so easy that a decaffeinated 17-year-old can throw it together at 7am on a Monday morning, which is saying a lot!
Bonus: it’s full of good-for-you green stuff!
After you’ve made the omelette wrap, spread some of the avocado crema on top, then pile on the veggies. Peppers and kale are great for a bit of crunch and I love adding some arugula and chili too, but feel free to use whatever you have lying about. If you’re really short on time in the morning, you can definitely chop everything up the night before and keep it in the fridge until the next morning to make things even easier.
Wrap it all up, cut into pieces and enjoy!
- 1 large egg
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 avocado
- a squeeze of lime
- a handful of coriander/cilantro
- a selection of raw vegetables, cut into small pieces - I like kale, tomatoes, scallions, red peppers and carrots
- 1. First make the avocado crema by pitting the avocado and adding the flesh to a food processor along with a big pinch each of salt and pepper, a squeeze of lime juice and a handful of coriander or cilantro then whizzing it together until smooth. If you don't have a food processor or you can't be bothered to wash yours up afterwards (I know the feeling!), just mash everything together with a fork in a bowl until smooth.
- 2. Prep your vegetables by slicing them into bite-sized pieces - the thinner, the better!
- 3. Crack the egg into a small bowl, then beat it well with a fork. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, then add the beaten egg and swirl the pan around so that it spreads out to a very thin layer. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook the other side too.
- 4. Spread the avocado crema over the omelette wrap, then add the vegetables on top. Carefully roll it up tightly from one side to the other, then cut in half and enjoy!