Enter the easiest, most delicious (ahem, addictive) holiday treat I’ve ever made.
Sorry to everyone who’s had problems accessing my blog over the past few days – I had some issues with the server but all is back to its normal salted-caramel-covered state again now!
On the plus side, I discovered that eating copious amounts of dark chocolate happens to be a fantastic stress reliever in the process…
… and I also found out that eating salted-caramel-covered pecans straight from the pan is an even better stress reliever. So when you combine the two?!
All thoughts of ‘aaah-my-whole-blog-just-disappeared-into-cyberspace-what-do-i-do‘ went away instantly. Salted caramel pecan chocolate bark magic, I tell you!
Rich, silky dark chocolate speckled with golden nuggets of fragrant, nutty pecans draped in a smooth, soft layer of ever so slightly salted, buttery caramel sauce – utter perfection.
I’d highly suggest making a double batch…
Trust me, I speak from experience!
salted caramel pecan chocolate bark
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 200g dark chocolate
1. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. While the chocolate melts, place the remaining ingredients expect pecans in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and whisk constantly for 3-4 minutes, until thick, smooth, and golden. Fold in the pecans and set aside.
2. Transfer the melted chocolate to a lined baking sheet and spread around with a spatula.
2. Remove pecans from the caramel sauce with a fork one by one and place on the melted chocolate. Repeat until all pecans have been transferred, then place in the fridge for 10-20 minutes, break into pieces, and enjoy!
(You can store the remaining caramel sauce in an airtight jar for up to a week, then melt by placing in hot water for a few minutes and use it over ice cream!)